This world is brimming with chaos and fear at every turn. It’s gotten to the point I don’t watch the news much, I don’t want to hear anything polluted as that can be a weight. If you’re feeling like you are one step away from losing your cool, your peace, do yourself (and those around you) a favor.
You need to UNPLUG from social media and recharge with the KING.
Take one day at a time. Live for today, don’t concern yourself with tomorrow’s problems, you’ll accomplish nothing but headaches. Let me tell you a secret, I’m a planner at heart, even the things that seem spontaneous, I plan. I like to know what’s coming next, when, and how. Being organized is not a bad thing, what’s worse is when you try to plan the next day/week/year and thoroughly anticipate the problems by creating them in your mind. I call that, What If Syndrome. The What If Syndrome names all the possibilities that could happen at any given moment in the present and future.
If you were like me, I advise you to stop, breathe, and take two doses of Matthew 6:34 and go to bed!
When you take one day at a time, you are able to focus more on the bigger picture, the vision God has placed in your heart. It takes your focus and the work you do each day to help you arrive to the bigger picture. Think of it this way, each little bit becomes a lot, the things you do each day, add up. As you take life each day at a time, embrace the new mercies that are given to you every morning. Since they are given to you every morning, they are for THAT DAY, not the next.
Don’t worry about tomorrow, as tomorrow never dies Rest in the new mercies the King Jehovah provides Take each day, one step at a time Stay focused and leave your problems behind Leave uncertainty in the grave if the GOD said it, believe it today…
How to Live One Day at a Time
- Have coffee with the KING! Start your day washing with the waters of His word, you’ll be like an Energizer Bunny, nothing will be able to stop you as you’ve had your morning fuel. Seek God first and watch how your life falls into place!
- Make a List and Check it Twice. Make a list of the top 5 detrimental things you MUST accomplish. Complete your Top 5 first. Then, list the next 5 that would be a bonus if accomplished that day.
- Reset. Journal your day, your feelings. Write a letter to your younger self, a prayer, write a letter to God.
- Don’t catch the What If Syndrome!
- Stay in your lane. Don’t compare your journey, your day with someone else’s. Everyone is at different stages of life.
- Celebrate the small wins. Small wins are still wins! You sent that email, great! You had five minutes of free time, great! Celebrate!
With the world going topsy turvy from murder hornets to Corona, and everything in between, remember to keep your peace. Take one day at a time and LIVE for TODAY! Leave what if’s behind, have coffee with the KING, and focus on your tasks for today.